Facebook Pixel Ceasefire in tatters as Israeli strikes kill over 400 people in Gaza Strip | Hindustan Times Lucknow – newspaper – Lesen Sie diese Geschichte auf Magzter.com
Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Mit Magzter GOLD unbegrenztes Potenzial nutzen

Erhalten Sie unbegrenzten Zugriff auf über 9.000 Zeitschriften, Zeitungen und Premium-Artikel für nur

$149.99
 
$74.99/Jahr

Versuchen GOLD - Frei

Ceasefire in tatters as Israeli strikes kill over 400 people in Gaza Strip

Hindustan Times Lucknow

|

March 19, 2025

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the strikes as Hamas had rejected his proposals to secure a ceasefire extension during faltering talks

- Reuters letters@hindustantimes.com

JERUSALEM/CAIRO: Israeli airstrikes pounded Gaza and killed more than 400 people, Palestinian health authorities said on Tuesday, in an onslaught across the enclave that ended weeks of relative calm after talks to secure a permanent ceasefire stalled.

Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas each accused the other of breaching the truce, which had broadly held since January, offering respite from war for the 2 million inhabitants of Gaza, where most buildings have been reduced to rubble.

Hamas, which still holds 59 of the 250 or so hostages Israel says the group seized in its October 7, 2023 attack, accused Israel of jeopardizing efforts by mediators to negotiate a permanent deal to end the fighting, but the group made no threat of retaliation.

"Israel will, from now on, act against Hamas with increasing military strength," the Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement.

The strikes hit houses and tent encampments from the north to the south of the Gaza Strip, and Israeli tanks shelled from across the border line, witnesses said. Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry said 404 people had been killed in one of the biggest single-day tolls since the war erupted.

Egypt and Qatar, mediators in the ceasefire deal along with the US, condemned the Israeli assault. The UN emergency relief coordinator, Tom Fletcher, said the "modest gains" made during the ceasefire had been destroyed.

WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON Hindustan Times Lucknow

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Murder case convict jumps parole, turns actor in Bollywood films; nabbed again after 12 years

A murder convict who jumped parole in 2014 and spent nearly 12 years absconding while working as a supporting actor in Bollywood films and television shows was arrested by the Ahmedabad Crime Branch, police said on Thursday.

time to read

1 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Ministry proposes criminal offences for doping activities

To combat the growing menace of doping in Indian sports, the Union Sports Ministry has proposed amendments to the National Anti-Doping Act 2022.

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Hindustan Times Lucknow

India's pvt sector growth losing momentum in May

The recovery in India’s private sector activity appears to have lost some momentum in May, with the latest HSBC Flash PMI showing softer growth in output, new orders, exports and employment.

time to read

2 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Maruti Suzuki set to hike prices in June

Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India on Thursday said it will hike prices of its vehicles across models by up to ₹30,000 from June 2026, citing inflationary pressures and an adverse cost environment.

time to read

1 min

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

FRESH ROW OVER VANDE MATARAM PLAYED BEFORE TAMIL INVOCATION

A fresh row erupted in Tamil Nadu over playing of Tamil invocation song ‘Tamil Thaai Vaazhthu’ after the national song and national anthem during the induction of 23 legislators into the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) cabinet on Thursday.

time to read

1 min

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Gulf states tell ships not to use Iran's Strait of Hormuz route

Five West Asian countries have formally rejected Iran's establishment of the Persian Gulf Strait Authority to control transit through the Strait of Hormuz, Bloomberg reported.

time to read

1 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Flight to US diverted due to passenger from Congo

An Air France flight bound for Detroit was diverted to Montreal after a passenger from the Congo boarded a flight in Paris “in error” amid flight restrictions tied to the Ebola outbreak, US Customs and Border Protection said Thursday, AP reported.

time to read

1 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Lessons from the new outbreak

The outbreak underlines the need to protect global health in a hyperconnected world. Larger countries need to step up funding for global health agencies against the backdrop of the US reneging on its commitments

time to read

3 mins

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

ZEPTO PLANS TO FLOAT ‡11,000-CR IPO IN JULY

Quick commerce platform Zepto plans to launch its ‡11,000-crore initial public offering (IPO) in July, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

time to read

1 min

May 22, 2026

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Hindustan Times Lucknow

Daily staples to get dearer amid crude spike

Indian FMCG products might get costlier on account of the war in West Asia as companies use up their buffer raw material stocks and shipments of key ingredients, including crude oil and oil-derived products, slow down because of global tensions, experts said.

time to read

2 mins

May 22, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size